The Agile approach centers around a continuously evolving project scope and iterative development where the team delivers a work product — a new feature or meaningful improvement — at the end of every iteration. This approach allows you to start quickly and make decisions in action based on instant feedback.
Agile is your go-to methodology when
- Your end-product vision is likely to evolve during development
- It’s difficult to detail all the requirements at the project onset, for instance, because of its complexity
- The success of your product is strongly dependent on user feedback
- It’s critical to direct the team’s energy straight off toward development, skipping a lengthy planning stage, to bring your product to market quickly
In the waterfall model, your entire project, including phases, tasks, and dependencies, is mapped out before development. This means thoroughly planning and documenting all processes, timelines, deliverables, resources, and costs beforehand. At the end of the day, you get less flexibility but a greater level of predictability.
The waterfall methodology is best when:
- Your end vision and stakeholders’ needs are well defined and are not going to change.
- It is possible to fix all the requirements upfront.
- Your product requires multiple integrations with external systems, including in the process of development.
- You need to comply with more extensive project tracking or documentation requirements.
Our engagement models
When selecting an optimum engagement model for our clients, we discuss a lot of details, from their primary business objective and project scope to the level of flexibility and control they require. Our aim is to produce a solution that balances cost efficiency, performance, and flexibility best.
Time & Materials
Under the Time and Materials model, we can support either in a linear The model is the right way to go when you don’t have precise requirements and the exact project scope is hard to define or is likely to evolve.
- This model is the right way to go when you don’t have precise software requirements and the exact project scope is hard to define or is likely to evolve.
- We develop your product in increments. You see the deliverables early and provide feedback, keeping the development process under control.
- You get regular reports from our project manager to track the project budget and progress.
- Kickoff is then really fast: we define a high-level scope, agree on daily or hourly rates, and get started.
- Along the way, you can change anything, from the list of planned features to skill sets on the team, to align with changing market trends or business needs.
- You can measure product effectiveness early and pivot or suspend the project at any time, if needed, avoiding further expenses.
With this model, we support a price fixed upfront for the entire project. This often involves planning and estimating the entire project scope before the project starts.
- This model is most suitable for projects with a well-specified scope and clear requirements that aren’t going to change.
- All of us get a clear understanding of what exactly the end product and deliverables should be.
- This model requires little to zero involvement from your side after the requirements elicitation and planning stage.
- Together with your team, we begin with gathering requirements and planning thoroughly the project scope and time for product delivery.
- We agree on the total price of the project and start development based on the documented scope, reporting the progress regularly.
- During the development process, you may introduce changes but only through a formal change request process that will require amendments to the contract.
Alternatively, you can simply hire our highly skilled engineers to fill in specific in-house skill gaps or go for a full-fledged dedicated and self-managed team. You get professionals that integrate seamlessly into your environment, bring in a fresh angle and ideas, and deliver top results with in-house-like dedication.
- This model is applicable when you need either extra engineering talent to boost your team or full-cycle services, from development to support
- You have full control over the team, budget, and development process
- We agree on a monthly cost per specialist or team at the beginning of the project
- You are free to scale the team up or down at any moment
Comparison of engagement models
|Features||Fixed Price||Time & Materials||Dedicated Team|
|Scope Flexibility||limited Flexibility||flexible||flexible|
|Budget Flexibility||Highest||pay as you go||fixed team cost|